MicroStation Update 14 and v8i SS10 now available at
What’s New in Update 14:
Also check out the updates here: https://communities.bentley.com/products/microstation/b/microstation_blog
Features Moved from Technology Preview to Commercial Release
New Technology Preview Features
- iTwin Synchronizer synchronizes changes in a design file to an iModel in the iModelHub.
- Add or Remove an Element to Named Presentation(s) in the properties dialog
- Create Text Favorites with Item Type Properties
- You can now associate Item Types in the field type while creating or managing a text favorite in the Text Favorite Manager dialog.
- V8i Task Theme accessible in the Quick Access Toolbar
New and Updated MicroStation CONNECT Edition Resources
- Bookmark (and share) the MicroStation Webinar Central page—it includes a centralized list of links to all the Scheduled and OnDemand webinars for MicroStation V8i users—including monthly SIGs, Tech Talks and biweekly Video Blogs. We will be releasing a better, more detailed page at this same location in the next two weeks.
- What’s New in Update 14 video provides a 3-minute overview illustrating the new capabilities
- Our MicroStation YouTube channel has a regular stream of new short videos worth sharing with users.
- Stay abreast of the latest news by following the MicroStation Facebook page.
- Blog posts on what’s new in Update 14
- Blog posts on performance enhancements in Update 14
MicroStation v8i SS10 has changed the licencing system to be compatible with the Connect Edition system, no other changes have been made. For all previous v8i versions, support has expired and the software may not be able to be used, upgrade it to version 08.11.09.919 if you require to maintain a v8i version.
MicroStation, version 08.11.09.919
Support Status: Full Support (Expiring On: 2021-01-01 and Discontinued On: 2022-01-01)
Ever wanted to know how to create one object that can be adjusted by value to many different sizes or combinations. Here is some examples of Parametric Modelling that show how easy it is to do.
Designing a Variable Sized Ladder
Parametric Bolt with Provision of Split Pin Hole
Parametric Sliding Door and Partition Assembly
Items, Reports, Tables, and Automated Annotation:
Connect Edition has opened up a whole new set of processes to create Reports, Tables and Automated Annotation from information in our design files, and ability to attach attributes to any DGN element, model, or reference file with a new feature called Items. We have found several videos that will help you take advantage of these new features.
Item Types – Introduction
Item Types – Reports
Annotation Tips: For Items TextFavs LabelCells & Place Label tool
MicroStation update 11 new Items functions blog
You will also find a lot of videos on this topic in the links to Creating and Harvesting Quantities below.
Creating and Harvesting Quantities Using MicroStation CONNECT Edition in a Civil Workflow Bentley learning path about Property Driven Display and Annotation of Design Elements
In V8i MicroStation we had a tool called CellCounter.ma that gave us the ability to count cells by name in our files, and that tool is not available in Connect Edition, but we do have the ability to create reports that can include cells and their information as well as many more options. There is information on how to do this here.
A commonly used V8i feature, SelectBy Element Attributes, is hidden by default in Connect Edition, you can find it using the Search Ribbon function, but if you right mouse over the Selection Ribbon group on the Home tab, and tick the option it will become visible.
This link will provide a information on wealth of MicroStation topics.
MicroStation Training Video’s on most aspects of MicroStation, including QuickStart videos.
Train the Trainer: On Demand Course:
Connect Edition MicroStation upgrade for CAD Managers This link is what you need to get started implementing MicroStation CE. (see also CAD System Management)