OpenBuildings Designer including OpenBuildings Station Designer latest version is available at
Legion Model Builder for OpenBuildings Station Designer latest version is available at
Known Issues In OpenBuildings Designer Update 7:
- We recommend not sharing datasets with both Legacy and PS mode. Datasets function best when the projects using them are all using the same structural elements.
- The new Assembly tool does not support compound walls. When placed, it drops them to their component slabs
- ProjectWise Manage Configuration does not support Russian Characters used within configuration file \Dataset_RU\dataset.cfg. Those configuration variables that contain Russian characters will need to be external to the ProjectWise repository or converted into ProjectWise CSBs.
- Even if you choose not to upgrade your existing structural elements, new steel elements placed with the stair tool, railing tool, and truss tool will use the new structural elements inside them.
- If you are upgrading from AECOsim Building Designer v8i, we recommend running the Schema Upgrade Utility (found on Backstage > Utilities > Data Utilities > Upgrade) before upgrading your project to use the new Structural elements.
LINKS TO TRAINING AND OTHER HELPFUL INFORMATION
QuickStart for Generative Components. Step by step introductory training. The training is focused around a building dataset, however the principles can be adopted to other industries.
Generative Components Online Training – Connect Edition
Generative Components Online Training – V8i
GenerativeComponents Special Interest Group. Recordings of the monthly S I G which cover in extended detail topics which are important to using Generative Components.
GenerativeComponents Forum – Wiki, Forum and Example files. The area allows users to seek resources ask questions, and look at example files. The product management is very active on this forum so it’s a great place to work with the community.
Training Video: Setting up and Linking AECOsim/GenerativeComponents to Bentley RailTrack. This video demonstrates how to use a RangeBox to link your Generative Components scripts to geometry that is not part of a GC script.